Sheep Show: Sunday, October 8, 11 AM
RULES for 2017
Exhibitors should read all rules carefully prior to submitting entries. Exhibitors must agree to comply with all rules.
1. Entries: The entry fee for the Sheep Show is $9 per sheep. Entry fees should be paid by check. A penalty of $25 will be charged for checks refused by the bank. No entry fees will be refunded. Entries must be postmarked by September 22, 2017.
Sheep Show Entry Form is available here.
2. Divisions and Classes: A list of Divisions and Classes for 2017 available October 6. Divisions 1 – 9 are open to senior exhibitors over the age of 18. Division 10 and 11 are for junior exhibitors, ages 9 - 18. Any breed with 4 or more exhibitors may petition the Show Coordinator for a separate Division. Divisions with few or no entries may be combined at the discretion of the Show Coordinator
3. Ownership and Exhibitors: All sheep entered in the Sheep Show must be owned by the exhibitor. The exhibitor must be present at the Show. An exhibitor can be an individual or a ranch/farm. Two adults sharing the same ranch/farm name are defined as one exhibitor. Juniors may share the ranch/farm name of a senior exhibitor.
4. Entry Limits: There is a limit of two sheep per class per exhibitor. Individual animals may only be entered in one Division.
5. Registration: All sheep entered in the Sheep Show must be registered with their breed association or other recognized registry (e.g., NCWGA for natural colored sheep). Registration papers must be presented to Show Staff at check-in.
6. Substitution: Substitution of an animal is permitted as long as it is in the same Class and Division as the original entry. Show Coordinator must be notified of substitutions at check in or the animal(s) will be disqualified.
7. ID and Health: All sheep must possess USDA-approved ear tags with Premise Numbers. Sheep should be in good health. Any sheep with symptoms of infectious disease or parasites must be removed from the fairgrounds upon request of the Show Coordinator.
8. Exhibit/Sale Only: Exhibitors may apply for pen space for sheep they do not wish to enter in the Show. Sheep for sale will be charged $9 per head. Exhibitors may bring sheep for exhibit only/educational purposes. There will be no charge for exhibit-only sheep. Each exhibitor will be allowed a maximum of two exhibit/sale pens. Exhibit/sale sheep should be entered in Class 00 on the Entry Form.
9. Ranch Display Pen: Exhibitors may request a Ranch Display Pen to display information about
their breed and/or products from their sheep. This will be a pen in the barn adjacent to the exhibitor’s sheep. One Display Pen per ranch will be offered free of charge.
10. Sales: No fleece sales are allowed in the Sheep Barn. All fleeces must be sold through the Wool Sale. Sheep sales are permitted in the Sheep Barn. All animal sales are by private treaty.
11. Arrival/Check-In: The Sheep Barn will be available for arrival beginning at 3:00 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017. Sheep exhibitors should drive through Gate F on E. Chestnut St. for unloading. Check-in hours will be 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Friday. Any exhibitors arriving late should call the Show Coordinator. All exhibitors must check in with the Show Staff before unloading. Pen assignments will be posted at the front of the Barn. All sheep must be in place by
11 pm, Friday, October 6, 2017.
12. Animal Care: All sheep must be properly cared for at all times. Feed must be provided daily and water checked and refilled twice a day. Exhibitors shall treat all livestock in a humane manner. Any exhibitor not attending to their stock or observed mistreating stock shall be required to remove themselves and their animals from the Fairgrounds and forfeit all awards.
13. Maintenance: Pens, aisles, and tack rooms must be kept neat. Electrical cords, hoses, and other equipment should be kept out of the aisles for the safety of the public.
14. Show Time/Date: In 2017, the Sheep Show will be held on Sunday, October 8th. Judging will begin at 11 am. Judging will proceed by Division Number.
15. Dogs: Pet dogs are not allowed in the barn areas or on the Fairgrounds at any time. Working livestock dogs must be leashed or under unconditional control and supervision by the owner at all times.
16. Provisions: Exhibitors must provide their own bedding, feed, and containers for feed and water. For those needing provisions, Higby’s Country Feed is located 3 miles north of the Fairgrounds on Currey Road, and will be open on Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
17. Release Time: All sheep will be released at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 8, 2017. This rule exists to assure that animals are available for public viewing throughout the Festival and exhibitors must abide by this rule. Early departure will result in forfeiture of all awards.
18. Final Say: The Lambtown Festival reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and classifications and to settle all matters questioned or disputed.
19. Responsibility: The Lambtown Festival is not responsible for any damage or loss while on the Fairgrounds.
Any organization, business, or individual wishing to sponsor a Division or a special award should contact the Show Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Place in each Class in each Division: $10 Cash Award and Ribbon.
Second Place in Each Class in each Division: $8 Cash Award and Ribbon.
Champion Ram and Ewe in each Senior Division: $25 Cash Award and Rosette.
Champion Ram and Ewe in each Junior Division: $20 Cash Award and Rosette.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Sheep Show Coordinator, Nancy Burns, at email@example.com.
Meet the Breeds