Lambtown Festival BBQ Competition Open for Applications!
Are you a master BBQ chef? Prove it and win a cash prize at the 31st Annual Lambtown Festival BBQ Cook-Off competition, which will be held on Sunday, October 8th at the Dixon fairgrounds. Entry fee is only $35.
Both individuals and teams may compete. The rules and entry form are available here. The Lambtown Festival has cookbooks with many previous years’ winning recipes.
2017 COOK OFF RULES AND REGULATIONS
• The Lambtown Festival BBQ Cook-Off competition is open to all U.S. residents over the age of 18.
• Contestants must abide by Dixon Lamb Festival Rules and Regulations and by the State of California Health and Safety rules (attached)
• Cancellation policy: 48 hours’ notice is required if you will not be able to attend the Cook-Off.
• Contestants must be ready for preparation and cooking no later than 10:00 a.m.
• Entries must be prepared on site and created from scratch during the day of the event
• Contestants must use fresh (raw & untreated) sealed packaging lamb whole, part or parts; or ground.
• It is strongly encouraged to use fresh, local and natural ingredients inspired by our region.
• All entries must make at least 4 servings of lamb.
• Contestants must be ready to serve no later than 2:50 pm
• Mandatory chef meeting at 9 am at cook-off area
• Entries will be judged on appearance, aroma, texture, and taste.
• Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
• Prizes awarded by check.
• Taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
• The Judges rulings are final.
• Judging begins promptly at 3:00 pm and ends at 4:00 pm.
• Winners will be announced at the Garden Stage after tallying of judges score cards
• Officials of the Lambtown Festival or immediate family members of are not eligible to participate.
The festival highlights the sheep industry and Dixon’s agricultural heritage – and combines it with fun and informative activities for the whole family.